Photo: David Croxford
Frozen hot chocolate.
Make it ahead and keep it in the freezer for those hot days.
- 2 cups milk plus more for blending
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Whisk on the stove until chocolate chips are melted.
- Let cool. Pour into an ice-cube tray.
- Freeze overnight.
- Place ice cubes in a blender and blend. You may need to add more milk until the drink reaches your desired consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Skip the skim milk, a little fat keeps this drink nice and rich. We tried it with unsweetened coconut milk and got delicious results.